Finding the perfect writing schedule can be a challenge for any writer. There are so many demands on our time, it can be hard to find the time and energy to write. But with a little patience and experimentation, you can find a schedule that works for you. Sometimes all it takes is finding the right time of day to write, or scheduling regular writing sessions. Whatever works for you, stick to it! And don't forget to celebrate your successes along the way.
1. Figure out when you work best - are you a morning person or a night owl?
2. Block out time on your calendar for writing, and stick to it!
3. Set some ground rules for yourself - no checking Facebook or emails until your writing time is done
4. Find a comfortable place to write where you can focus without distractions
5. Give yourself enough time to write, don't try to squeeze it in between other activities
6. Celebrate each accomplishment, no matter how small it seems
What works for one person might not work for another, so it’s important to experiment until you find what schedule and routine works best for you. Don’t be afraid to mix things up a bit or try something new – the most important thing is that you stick with your writing schedule and make sure to set aside time each day (or week) to write. How do you find time to write? What’s your favorite writing routine? Let us know in the comments!